d-cage

:: freedom :: is an abstract that only exists in the imagination

5.23.2005

Trois Couleurs - Bleu

As my friend was flipping channels, I suddenly stopped my friend when I saw Juliette Binoche, and within 5 seconds, I realised KK's Bleu is on air. *gasp*gasp*gasp*gasp*gasp* Not surprising at all, I was glued to the screen although I own a copy of the movie.

I don't remember how many times I have watched Trois Couleurs; I've watched it at least 2~3 times a year since 1995. One of those times, I was so absorbed by Bleu that I watched it twice in a role at night. I never get tired of KK's film.

Once again, I am suffering the aftermath of the film.
My afterthoughts this time is - - - qu'est-ce que l'amour? (what is love?)
- love is not confined by time, space; cannnot be defined by expression; cannot be expressed; cannot be spoken
- love is Desire; love is infinite

***** Song of the Unification of Europe*****music: Zbigniew Preisner
Though I speak with the tongues of angels,
If I have not love...
My words would resound with but a tinkling of a cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy...
And understand all mysteries...
and all knowledge...
And though I have all faith
So that I could remove mountains,
if I have not love...
I am nothing.

Love is patient, full of goodness;
Love tolerates all things,
Aspires to all things,
Love never dies,
while the prophecies shall be done away,
tongues shall be silenced,
knowledge shall fade...
thus then shall linger only
faith, hope, and love...
but greatest of these...
is love.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Raymond Kwong 鄺威銘 said...

You sure know this text is straight from the Bible? First Corinthians Ch. 13

 

Post a Comment

<< Home